Detailed Troubleshooting Guide To Fix ATT.net Email Problems
We are going to tell you some detailed information regarding the various causes behind users facing issues with their ATT email. This error may occur on the website via your desktop or laptop, or it may occur on your iPhone. We have also come up with easy solutions to these problems that most users have had. For example, we have tried to fix the most common problem people have faced while sending or receiving Outlook mail on their Windows 10 desktop.
Easy Solution’s – ‘Why ATT Email Is Not Working’-
The aim of this article is to help the users identify their problems and provide them with easy fixes to these as well. Let us take a look at them down below-
Solution 1 – Login problem on the ATT email
A significant number of ATT account users have raised concerns about not being able to log in to their email accounts correctly. So we have come up with an effective solution for a smooth ATT email login process.
You can easily log in to your account in the following ways-
- The first step is to visit https://att.net which is the ATT sign in page.
- Tap on the ‘Mail’ option present on the top right corner of the window.
- Type in your email id and the secure password.
- Click on ‘Sign in’. You can also choose to stay logged in to your account at all times by selecting the ‘keep me signed in’ option.
These steps will help you to access your account hassle-free!
Solution 2 – Incorrect Settings Problem With Outlook
A lot of the ATT users have complained of having trouble while att.net email settings or configuring their email via Outlook. These users have also specified that they were unable to send or receive emails on the email application as well. Although there may be quite a few reasons for this, the most common is incorrect IMAP or the POP settings configuration.
You can now change up the settings of your email account with the help of IMAP and POP on Outlook –
- You need to start by opening launch Microsoft Outlook on your desktop. Tap on ‘File’ and click on ‘Add Account’.
- Then you have to choose the option to manually set up the required additional server types from the prompt screen that appears after this and tap on ‘Next’.
- Next, you have to select which option, either POP or IMAP, that you want. Once you do that, you have to enter the email address and also type in your display name.
- Now you have to choose which type of account you want- IMAP or POP 3.
- If you desired server is IMAP, then you must enter the following –
Incoming mail server: imap.mail.att.net
Outgoing mail server: smtp.mail.att.net
- If you selected POP 3 server, enter the following –
Incoming mail server: inbound.att.net
Outgoing mail server: outbound.att.net
- Once this is done, type in the ATT email ID and password in the respective fields.
Now Follow These Settings for Port Configuration:
- Click on ‘More Settings,’ and you will find a part named ‘My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication. Check this box and select the ‘Use same settings as my incoming mail server’ option to use the same configuration.
Once you have finished all the above-mentioned steps, start configuring the following steps-
Incoming server use: 993 (for IMAP) or 995 ( for POP3).
Outgoing server enter: 465 (works for both IMAP and POP3)
Select SSL for both Outgoing and Incoming servers.
Finally, press on OK and then move onto ‘Next’. With this final step, Outlook will test the network setup and the strength of the connection by sending a test email. After this is over, you must select the ‘Finish’ button to complete the configuration.
Solution 3- Turn off the third-party antivirus software:
When you are working with the Att email, it often tends to stand against or interfere with other existing software and programs that are running on your device. This becomes one of the main reasons why your account may become unresponsive or the device may end up crashing!
What you can try doing instead is to disable this other software while you are working on the ATT email account. Once you are done with your work, you can simply change the settings back to how they were. You may alternatively try to uninstall the software until your work is done and reinstall it again!
- Disabling the antivirus can be done by launching the software (antivirus or antispyware or firewall) from the bottom right corner.
- Then click on the right-click button on it and select the option that says ‘Disable permanently.’ From there, go to the virus software control panel and disable the software.
Solution 4- Clear Browser Cache & Cookies
Sometimes some users have complained that they were redirected to the login page when they were trying to sign in with the help of their ATT Yahoo login. However, this was considered to be normal.
What you have to look out for in any case, is if you see that you are constantly having trouble signing in. This may be because there is a lot of browser cache and cookies. You can try clearing out them all and try signing in again.
You can also try signing in from a different browser or close the existing browser and launch it again.
To clear Cache & Cookies from your browser system:
- First, you need to click on three dots icons icon that is present at the top right corner in your Chrome browser or any other relevant broswer of your choice.
- Go to ‘more tools’ and tap on the ‘Clear Browsing Data’ option.
- Then you have to click on the ‘clear browsing data’ dialog box that pops up on the screen.
- Once you do that, another option will appear which asks you for the length of time from which you want to clear data from your browser. You can also choose to clear the entire cache by selecting the ‘All Time’ option.
- Clearing cookies is the next step and this is done by choosing the ‘Cookies and other site data’ option.
- Once that is done, clear cache again by choosing the ‘Cached images and files’ option.
- Finally, select the ‘Clear Data’ option and wait for a few seconds. Your cache and cookies are cleared!
Solution 5 – Resetting the Password:
Most often the users who experience problems with their ATT email account have found that password reset does the trick. Click here to find out how to reset your ATT email account and password and resolve your sign in problems!
Solution 6 – Check on Safe Mode
Add-ons often interfere with the functioning of the Outlook software.
To fix this, all you have to do is open Outlook but this time, on ‘Safe Mode’ which helps you to steer clear of further barriers from the add-ons.