Do you want to set up voicemail on your mobile phone? If yes, then you will find the solutions here.
Here we will tell you how you can set up Voicemail on your mobile phones. And along with that, you’ll also learn how to create greetings and passwords while doing the setup process. So please read this page to the end, and stick to the steps given for successfully setting up the Voicemail on your device.
Steps to Setup the Voicemail on mobile phones
So please stick to the following steps to set up the voicemail feature on your mobile phones:
- Firstly, unlock your phone. Then press and hold the 1 or the voicemail key.
- Now you can do one of the following things:
- If you are a new voicemail box user, you need to follow the instructions given on your phone screen to create your password and greetings.
- If you have used the voicemail box before, you can fill in your password if asked. And thus, the system will transfer your voicemail greetings and messages to the new phone.
Detailed steps for New Voicemail and password setup
The following are the detailed steps that you must use if you are doing a new voicemail and password setup. But keep in mind that you have to set up your voicemail within 60 days of its activation. If you fail to do so, the voicemail option will be automatically removed from your account:
- So firstly, you have to long-press or hold the 1 or the voicemail key of your device.
- Next, you need to specify the language in which you want to set up the voicemail,
- Then you have to create a 7 to 15 digit long password.
- Now you can set up the greeting of your choice or preference.
- And then, you have to listen and act according to the brief voicemail tutorial.
There is no way that you can skip the voicemail tutorial. Even if you hang up before the tutorial ends, the complete tutorial will be played again when you’ll check the voicemail the next time.
Steps to setup an Existing voicemail on a new phone
If you already have a saved voicemail, but you have changed your phone, you need to use the following steps to set up the voicemail:
- So firstly, press and hold the 1 or the voicemail key of your new phone.
- Next, you need to enter the current voicemail password if asked. Thus the current voicemail greetings and messages will be transferred to your new phone.
So these were the easy steps to set up the existing voicemail on a new phone.