You can simply unlock your phone by submitting the unlock request to AT&T. After submitting the unlock request; you can allow any of your AT&T devices to operate on another compatible wireless network.
To do this, you have to complete and submit an unlock request form. But make sure that your AT&T phone, tablet, or mobile hotspot should meet the requirements specified for the unlocking. Otherwise, you can’t unlock the device. You can check for these requirements on AT&T’s official website.
Submit the unlock form-
- First, go to the com/deviceunlock/ to get the form.
- Then, select the Unlock your device
- Now, first, read and then agree to the eligibility requirements.
- After that, complete all of your details in the form.
- Submit the form to request the unlock.
- Check your email account for the link to confirm the unlock request number.
- You need to select this link within 24 hours to confirm the request. If you don’t confirm your request within the limit of 24 hours, the unlock request will be canceled.
AT&T usually responds in 2 days to let you know about the status of your unlock request. If AT&T approves your request, you will receive an email with instructions about how to unlock your device as well as insert the new sim card.
So, if AT&T approves your device unlock request, you can check your device’s unlock status by following the given steps-
- First, visit https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/.
- Then, enter the IMEI number of your phone device. However, if you don’t know the device’s IMEI number, dial *#06# or go to the Settings and then select the About option to find the number.
- Lastly, enter the request number which you have received in the confirmation email.
Note- Sometimes, users don’t receive the unlock code, so submit another unlock request if this happens with you too. Then wait to receive the unlock code. Also, note one thing: you can request the code only a specific number of times. How many times you can try to request the code depends on your device.
Instruction to unlock your device-
You will receive the unlock instruction for your device from AT&T. However, if you haven’t, you can try any of these two unlock methods to unlock your device.
These are the instructions to unlock your AT&T phone device. However, the instructions may vary from device to device –
1. Use AT&T Wi-Fi manager-
- First, open the Wi-Fi manager page on your AT&T phone and then go to the SIM security option.
- Now connect another Wi-Fi device to your mobile hotspot.
- After that, open a web browser on that device and then type attwifimanger in the search bar. Next, sign in to the AT&T Wi-Fi manager by using your default login details. For example, the default username for login to manager is ‘attadmin.’
- Once signed in successfully, go to the Settings.
- Then, select Mobile Broadband
- Lastly, select Sim Security and enter the received 8-digit code to unlock the device.
2. Use a non-AT&T SIM card device-
- Firstly, remove the back cover and then the battery of your phone device.
- Then, remove the pre-installed AT&T SIM card from the mobile phone.
- Now, insert a non-AT&T SIM into the phone.
- Next, insert the battery and after that, replace the back cover.
- Turn on the phone device to prompt for the unlock. It may take some time.
- Lastly, enter the received eight digits code to unlock your device.
- After inserting the non-AT&T SIM and restarting your phone go to the home screen of your device.
- Then, you can go to the Settings option of your device.
- After that, click on the Broadband
- Now, select the SIM PIN option, and enter the unlock code in the prompt box.
We can enhance your experience with the AT&T mail service. On our help page, we provide assistance for AT&T users. You can check our page for any AT&T Troubleshooting steps with the issues such as failed login, corrupted set up on an email client, incorrect server settings, etc.