AT&T has long been in the business of internet services and cable services. Now it is providing quality services to its mobile devices and internet users.
Another great feature of AT&T is that it has managed to provide multiple services to its users with the help of minimal devices. Thus if you opt for the AT&T U-verse, you will get a telephone line, television cable, and internet access through just one single gateway.
How to perform ATT Router Login? or ATT Router Login: Sign In to Your Account
To operate your AT&T Router, you must log in to your Router’s Web Interface. Even if you want to change the basic or advanced WiFi settings and change your password or username, logging into the router is essential to do so. Thus in the following section, you will find the easy steps that will help you log into your Router’s web interface.
These steps will help you log into your Main WiFi network router, and it will hardly take 3 minutes to complete the process.
How to Login to AT&T Router
The following guide will help you to login into your router. But before applying the following steps, make sure that your router is correctly powered on. Also, keep your WiFi login credentials handy, such as your wifi name and password:
- So firstly, check that your internet connection is working. To check the internet connection, connect your device to the internet service provider. To get a better internet speed, you should connect your device to a wired connection, such as a LAN cable. Also, make sure that you are getting an adequate internet speed, as slow internet speed could interrupt the login process.
- Next, open the internet or web browser on your device. Once you open the device, search for IP address 168.1.254 in the search bar. Also, tap on the enter button to open the router log-in page.
- Now complete the login process. The above steps will land you on the router login page. Once you land on this page, you have to enter your login credentials, i.e., username, and password in the respective section. In case you are logging in for the first time, you need to use the default login credentials for logging in. The default username for AT&T routers login is And you may find the password placed on your modem or router as System Password or Device Access Code. You can also keep the password section blank and log in if you don’t find any password placed on your router.
- Now you can access the settings tab. So once you login into the router’s web interface, you can open the settings tab to modify the settings according to your preferences. You can even change your login credentials now.
How you can Change Default Login Credentials
To provide more convenience and easy access to the users, AT&T provides default login credentials to its customers. But these credentials must be changed after logging in by the users, as such login credentials are common for all. If you don’t change these login credentials as soon as possible, your network gets susceptible to hackers.
You can use the following steps to change your login credentials:
- So firstly, you need to login into the web interface of your AT&T router.
- Once you log in, open the Settings tab, and then select LAN>Wi-Fi.
- Next, scroll down and select the User Network
- Now on this page, you can change your default login credentials. Select the Wi-Fi Network Name (SSID) option and change the username. And to change the password, select the Use custom Wi-Fi Network Password option first. And then, you can set the password of your choice.
- Lastly, tap on the Apply button to save the changes.
How to Reset AT&T Router Login password
If you forget your password and are thus not able to login into your router, then you may have to reset your password in such a situation. But password reset is a safe option, and you can always recreate your password once you reset it. So use the following steps to reset your password:
- So foremost, you need to press the Reset button of your router. You may find the reset button next to the Power
- But you need some pointy end object such as per or paper clip to press the reset button. Hold the Reset button for 15 seconds at least, and then release it. If you release the button before 15 seconds, it will only reboot the router but not reset it.
- Now you have to wait till the router restarts and all the lights light up again.
The ATT Router Setup
Now we will discuss how you can do the ATT router setup as there are two different methods for Router setup. I.e., Pro-installation and Self-installation. But first, we are going to discuss the Self-installation process. So let’s begin.
The AT&T Router’s Self-installation process
So firstly, make sure that you have ordered and received the installation kit before moving to the setup part. You need to request the installation kit while placing the order for the internet service. And you won’t be charged any extra charges for the kit, as it comes free with the service.
In case you are already using the internet services but don’t have the self-installation kit, you can order it by calling AT&T customer service.
The components of the AT&T installation kit
Once you receive the installation kit, make sure that it contains the following components:
- Foremost, check that it has the AT&T Wi-Fi gateway. The gateway means it can function both as an AT&T modem as well as router.
- The kit should contain the Yellow Ethernet Cable.
- It should also have a Green data cable.
- Also, check the Gray cable for the AT&T phone service.
- The kit also contains the Power cord and instruction booklet.
The Installation process of the self-installation kit
So if you are certain that the kit contains all the essential components, we can move to the setup part. The installation process is not that difficult, though. Just follow the given steps:
- So firstly, take the green data cable and put its one end into the Green Broadband port of the gateway.
- Then put the other end into the AT&T Broadband jack placed on the wall.
- Now take the black power cord, connect one end to the gateway, and plug the other into the power outlet.
- You may need to wait now, till the Gateway power’s up. The power-up process may take up to 10 minutes. And you will know that the gateway is powered up when you see the broadband and service lights becoming solid green.
- Next, to complete the AT&T home Wi-Fi access setup, you must log in with your computer. To login, specify your network, and enter the password placed on the gateway’s Yellow sticker.
- You also use a wired connection to connect your computer and gateway. Take the yellow ethernet cable, and put one of its ends into the gateway and the other to the computer.
Thus the installation process is complete. Now you can use the AT&T internet service. However, if you experience any issues, feel free to connect to AT&T customer support.
AT&T Internet service activation
Now once you complete the internet setup process, you also need to activate the service. Most often, the activation process automatically starts when the user opens the web browser of their computer. But in case, the browser doesn’t start the activation process. You can use the att.com/internet link for activation. In most cases, the router automatically triggers the registration site when the user first visits the page.
Difference between Pro installation and Self-installation
While opting for the AT&T internet services, you’ll be given two choices for setup. The first choice will be the pro-installation, in which the professional technicians will visit and do the setup.
And in the second choice, you will be sent an installation kit, which you have to install and set up on your own using the steps given in the last section.
Both the options have their pros and cons. Let’s find out what they are:
Pros of Pro Installation-
- The technician itself will handle all the installation processes and issues, so you won’t have to worry about anything.
- The technicians got all the skills, so it’s okay if you are not tech-savvy.
Cons of Pro Installation
- The technician will charge the installation fee.
- You have to present at the set appointment time. Otherwise, you have to reschedule the appointment.
Pros of Self-installation
- You don’t have to book an appointment with the technician. Thus you can do the installation whenever you want.
- There will not be extra fees.
Cons of Self-installation
- You may have to troubleshoot yourself if any issue occurs, or you can call the technical support line.
- You need to have basic technical knowledge.
So based on these pros and cons for each installation type, you can decide which one you want.
Appointment window for Pro Installation
So if you are opting for the Pro installation process, you have to set a date and time of appointment while ordering the services. You can also reschedule the appointment up to 48 hrs advance with the help of AT&T’s online order manager page. But do note that the Appointment window is for two hours, so you have to be home for that period. And depending upon the type of task, the appointment window could vary up to 4 hours.
And you need to fulfill the following requirements to get the pro installation service:
- A person above the age of 18 should be present during the installation.
- As in some cases, the installation can take up to 4 hours. The person should be present for that period.
- As a precaution, you should remove or relocate any furniture-blocking phone or computer connection before the technician’s visit.
- And keep the payment method handy.
How can you Port Forward your ATT Router?
With the help of the Port Forwarding feature, you can manage the devices on your home network, even from outside the home. Port forwarding can route your home network’s incoming and outgoing data, even from a remote location.
How does port forwarding work?
So every internet-enabled device has an IP address which is divided into various ports to send and receive data. And the gateway routes this data to the device it is supposed to be sent. But when you enable port forwarding, the gateway sets up rules to send or receive data on a port of a specific IP address of your home network.
You don’t require to set up the port forwarding unless you are not doing one of the following:
- If you want to run a Sling box or streaming media device.
- If you want to access the home surveillance camera.
- In case you are using a photos-sharing hard drive.
- If you want to host a web or gaming server.
- If you want to use Remote Access or VPN to get access to your home’s computer.
However, you must be careful while using the Port forwarding feature, as it could be used on the other devices connected to your home network without your knowledge.
Steps to Set up the Port Forwarding
Follow these steps to open a port for a user-defined application:
- So, first of all, open the Gateway Settings.
- Then open the Firewall Tab.
- Next, insert the Device Access code placed on the side of your gateway.
- Now you need to select the NAT/Gaming You may receive warning messages. If you do, open the AT&T Port Forwarding tool page to enable the account’s port forwarding feature. Now follow the further following steps.
- Hit the Continue
- Next, open the Service drop-down menu, and specify the application for port forwarding. In case you don’t find your app in the list or you want to set up port forwarding for a device, follow the following steps:
- Specify the Custom services.
- Then fill in the app or device’s name in the Service Name
- Now insert the port or ports you want to open for the Global Port Range. We suggest you create a separate service entry for each port range instead of using a port range. And also, keep the port number the same as in the Global Port Range fields.
- Please use the port number for the first Global Port Range to set up the Base Host Port.
- Also, specify the appropriate protocols using the drop-down menu for the application or device you want to set up.
- Repeat the last step to add more apps or devices.
- Once you add all the apps and devices you want, go back to the NAT/Gaming Here you will see all your added devices or applications in the application list.
- Next, open the Needed by Device drop-down menu, and choose the device or IP address you want to open the port for.
- Then hit the Add
- And lastly, tap on the Save button when you see the hosted applications on display.
Thus the gateway’s port forwarding process is complete.
How can you change your ATT router’s WiFi Name and Password?
For the convenience of the users, the Wi-Fi gateway comes with the default username and password. And you can change any of them or both.
Read the further sections to learn how to change the ATT router’s WiFi Name and Password.
You can use the Smart Home Manager to Change the WiFi info:
We suggest you keep the same WiFi name and password for both your radios. This way, you can use just one network to access both. Please stick to the following steps to do the setup:
- So firstly, open the Smart Home Manager.
- Then tap on My Wi-Fi.
- Now select the Next button appearing next to the username or password that you want to change.
- Tap on X to delete the existing info. Now you can enter your new username or password in the respective sections.
- Then tap on the Save
- And lastly, you can reconnect your devices to your network using the updated network info.
Change the Wi-Fi info using the device connected to the home network.
- So firstly, open the gateway settings.
- Now Specify your home network and then the Wireless network.
- You may also have to enter the Device Access Code, which you find in the password field on the gateway’s side panel.
- Then select the Submit
- Now you can change the desired information with the help of the following:
- You can change the Wi-Fi name using the Network Name (SSID) field. Here you can enter the new Wi-Fi name of your choice.
- You can change the password by selecting the WPA-Custom option from the Security drop-down Thus you can enter your new password in the Custom Password section.
- Next, tap on the Save
- And then, you can reconnect your devices to your network by using the updated Wi-Fi info.
How to Restart the AT&T Router?
You can use the Smart Home Manager to restart your gateway.
You can use the following steps to restart your gateway:
- Firstly, sign in to the Smart Home Manager and select your network.
- Then scroll down and tap on the Home Network Hardware
- Next, you need to specify the Wi-Fi gateway and then restart the router.
- And lastly, again restart the router.
You can also manually restart the gateway or modem.
- So firstly, you need to disconnect the power cord of your gateway or modem.
- If your router runs on battery, you can remove the battery.
- And in case you have a DSL, disconnect your modem or gateway’s phone cord.
- After completing the above step, wait for at least 20 seconds.
- Now put the battery back into the gateway if it has one.
- Or plug back the power cord into the router. In case you have the DSL service, connect the phone cord also.
- And lastly, wait for at least 10 minutes, then restart the gateway or modem, and wait till the Broadband light turns solid green.
We can help you to tackle the issues with your mail account. If you have any interruptions to configure or access your att account, please reach out to our help page. You can find the troubleshooting steps to fix the issues with ATT Yahoo Login, server settings, and setting up your mail account with Outlook.